Non-Immigrant Visa Services
Kosovo residents in the following categories are eligible to interview at the U.S. Embassy Pristina:
- J, F, M (Except Summer Work and Travel SWT) with a valid DS-2019 or I-20 for student or exchange travel (except Summer Work and Travel)
- H, L, O ,P, Q, R Visas with an approved USCIS petition
- C, D, E, I Crew, Transit, Treaty, and Media visas
- Pristina Reissue Program eligible applicants. Residents of Kosovo who hold a B1/B2, C, D, C1/D, I, F, M, O, or J visa (still valid or expired no more than 36 months ago) or E, H, L, P, or R (still valid or expired no more than 12 months ago) and provided a complete set of fingerprints, may be eligible for the Visa Reissue Program. Applicants must be in Kosovo at the time they submit their application. If you hold a valid visa you are not required to wait until it expires before applying for a new one. A Consular Officer reserves the right to request that any applicant appear in person.
- Visa applicants older than 79 years
- Visa applicants younger than 14 years, if both parents have currently valid visas or are simultaneously applying for the reissue program
If you can honestly answer YES to all of the questions below, you may be eligible for the Interview Waiver program in Pristina.
Is your normal place of residence in Kosovo?
Are you applying for a renewal of a B1/B2, C, D, C1/D, I, F, J, O, or M visa, within 36 months of the expiration date?
Are you applying for a renewal of an E, H, L, P, or R visa, within 12 months of expiration date?
Was your last visa issued after August 1, 2009?
Is your previous visa still in your possession?
Was your last application for a visa approved?
If your visa is an F or M type, are you still enrolled in the same program or same institution?
If your visa is a J type, is your new SEVIS number the same as the SEVIS number on your old visa?
If your visa is an E, H, L, P, or R type, is your petitioner the same?
If you can honestly answer yes to all of the questions above, please proceed here for instructions on how to apply in Pristina.
The U.S. Embassy Skopje is designated as the venue for B1/B2 Tourist/Business and J1 Summer Work and Travel (SWT) visas for citizens of Kosovo.
To schedule an appointment please click on the link above or proceed to the U.S. Embassy website. Any requests for Summer Work and Travel or regular business or tourism visa interviews will not be answered and must be directed to U.S. Embassy Skopje.
- Do you have a DS-2019 or I-20 for an exchange or student visa?
- Do you have a valid USCIS petition for an H, L, O, P, Q, R visa?
- Do you have a valid purpose of travel and documentation for a crew, transit, media, or treaty trader/investor visa (C, D, E, I)?
Any questions about the visa application process or status in Skopje should be directed to (+389) 2 317 1042, http://usvisa-info.com, or Skype at usvisamacedonia. Please apply early as processing times vary. A list of holidays is available here.
If you require an emergency expedite appointment, and if you qualify to apply in Pristina, please submit the appropriate online appointment request and then email PristinaNIVAppt@state.gov with your name, DS-160 barcode number, visa category and a brief but thorough explanation of why an expedited appointment is requested.
Please see the Visa webpage for complete information including A-Z index, reporting fraud, getting started, and additional resources.
Updated information about I-94 automation and forms is available here.
Students in need of SEVIS information should review the ICE website here.
Electronic devices, large bags, weapons, and glass bottles are not allowed within the Embassy grounds. Visitors who do not follow these instructions will experience considerable delays at the security check point, which may result in the appointment being cancelled.
Effective March 26, 2015, a new version of USCIS Form I-407, Record of Abandonment of Lawful Permanent Resident (LPR) Status, will be implemented worldwide. Form I-407 can be downloaded from the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov/i-407. If you intend to file this form in U.S Embassy Pristina please go to ACS appointment form and make notary appointment, read instructions on the USCIS website prior to the appointment.